Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud
148 Discussions

[Abuse reporting]Request to prohibit users from using shared services for cryptocurrency mining.

kunger
Beginner

When using the htop tool, I noticed a large number of processes consuming CPU resources. These processes do not belong to me but to other users, and I am unable to terminate them. The processes are named 'khayall,' and they run commands with the domain 'blemche.freedynamicdns.net.' I suspect this may be an address for a mining pool. I believe that for shared environments, such services should be prohibited from being used for cryptocurrency mining, as this significantly hampers other users' ability to experiment and learn.

this is the screenshot, it's from idc-beta-batch-pvc-node-01, i'm sure there are some bad man run same program in other node.

QQ截图20231228142525.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Luwe_Intel

Hi Kunger,

Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know of this issue.

We have informed the relevant team about this issue for further investigation and will update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos
Luwe_Intel

Hi Kunger,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. The incident is being handled by the security team and they have already taken necessary steps to prevent it from happening again.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos
Luwe_Intel

Hi Kunger,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos