Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud

Key & Sudo

Sid5
New Contributor I

I generated the key as per instructions and uploaded its image and generated file in the key contents section but got the following error:

could not decode sshpublickey: illegal base64 data at input byte 4

Please suggest how to fix this and continue.

I also tried uploading some AI based packages using sudo command but it showed message permission denied, how to obtain the permission to do so? I tried adding a user but got the error message:

useradd: Permission denied.
useradd: cannot lock /etc/passwd; try again later.
echo '%sudo ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL' >> /etc/sudoers
bash: /etc/sudoers: Permission denied

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Luwe_Intel

Hi Sid5,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you provide us a screenshot of the error message that you are facing for further investigation? At the same time, please provide us with the Intel® Developer Cloud Instance Details as below:

Instance ID/Resource ID:

Instance Type:

Cloud Account ID:

For your information, the Batch Service instance does not provide the user with sudo privileges. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos
Luwe_Intel

Hi Sid5,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Luwe

0 Kudos
Sid5
New Contributor I

Hi Luwe,

I apologize for the late reply, I have generated the key now but still having issues with the sudo permissions. It asks for a password that I cannot find, its not the same as the login password. Here's the SS:

I could not find the resource ID or instance type though.
Cloud Account ID:353729748188

Sid5_0-1714989310681.png

Thanks & regards

Siddhartha Sharma

0 Kudos