Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

2017 Beta doesn't support OS X El Capitan

Larry_R_1
Beginner

Hi

2017 Beta doesn't support OS X El Capitan. When I try to run the installer, it just says the application is damaged. Any plan to support El Capitan?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Christophe_H_Intel2

Hi Larry,

Thanks for trying the Beta.

Although the 2017 Beta Intel Python does not officially support OS X El Capitan, we were at least able to install and run Intel Python on that system.  Are you trying to install python 2 or 3?

Chris

0 Kudos
Larry_R_1
Beginner

Hi Chris

I only tried Python 3.5.

Larry

0 Kudos
Christophe_H_Intel2

Larry,

Have you installed the gettext library required by Intel Python3.5? You can find more information in the Known Issues document:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-distribution-for-python-support-and-documentation

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Larry_R_1
Beginner

Chris

I've installed gettext through brew and the same error remains: "intelpython35-2017.0.007.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Larry

0 Kudos
Christophe_H_Intel2

Larry,

It appears to be an issue with GateKeeper.  Please run the following command in a terminal and try the installation again:

xattr -rc /path/to/<intelpython>.app

Let me know if this works for you.

Chris

0 Kudos
paul_n_
Beginner

I can confirm that the suggested fix does allow the installer to launch. Still does not find gettext even though it is on the path.

- Paul

0 Kudos
Larry_R_1
Beginner

Hi Chris, Paul

xattr does fix the launch of the installer. Thank you.

If gettext is installed with brew, it's by default keg-only so you have to run "brew link --force gettext" to make symlinks in /usr/local to make the installer find it.

Larry

0 Kudos