Intel® Distribution for Python*
Support and discussions for achieving faster Python* applications and core computational packages.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
371 Discussions

2017 Beta doesn't support OS X El Capitan

Larry_R_1
Beginner

Hi

2017 Beta doesn't support OS X El Capitan. When I try to run the installer, it just says the application is damaged. Any plan to support El Capitan?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Christophe_H_Intel2

Hi Larry,

Thanks for trying the Beta.

Although the 2017 Beta Intel Python does not officially support OS X El Capitan, we were at least able to install and run Intel Python on that system.  Are you trying to install python 2 or 3?

Chris

Larry_R_1
Beginner

Hi Chris

I only tried Python 3.5.

Larry

Christophe_H_Intel2

Larry,

Have you installed the gettext library required by Intel Python3.5? You can find more information in the Known Issues document:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-distribution-for-python-support-and-documentation

Thanks,

Chris

Larry_R_1
Beginner

Chris

I've installed gettext through brew and the same error remains: "intelpython35-2017.0.007.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Larry

Christophe_H_Intel2

Larry,

It appears to be an issue with GateKeeper.  Please run the following command in a terminal and try the installation again:

xattr -rc /path/to/<intelpython>.app

Let me know if this works for you.

Chris

paul_n_
Beginner

I can confirm that the suggested fix does allow the installer to launch. Still does not find gettext even though it is on the path.

- Paul

Larry_R_1
Beginner

Hi Chris, Paul

xattr does fix the launch of the installer. Thank you.

If gettext is installed with brew, it's by default keg-only so you have to run "brew link --force gettext" to make symlinks in /usr/local to make the installer find it.

Larry