Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

Hardcoded windows paths in scripts in Intel® Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2

gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

The activate and deactivate scripts included in Intel® Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2 for Windows include hardcoded Windows paths that don't allow the scripts to work as expected.

If you go to the Scripts folder and check the contents of the activate.bat file, you will find a hardcoded path C:\TCAgent1\tools\Miniconda3\Scripts

The following is the content for the activate.bat file:

@echo off
call "C:\TCAgent1\tools\Miniconda3\Scripts\activate" %*

The following is the content for the deactivate.bat file:

@echo off
call "C:\TCAgent1\tools\Miniconda3\Scripts\deactivate" %*

The activate and deactivate files that are not intended to be executed on Windows also have the same Windows hardcoded path.

The contents for the files with the same names included in the pkgs\conda-4.2.12-py27_intel_0\Scripts folder also have the same issues.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Gaston,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working on a fix for this.

In the meantime, you can install an updated conda package from the default channel on anaconda.org:

<path_to_install_dir>\Scripts\conda install conda=4.2.12=py27_0
That command will replace the existing "conda" package with the same version from the "defaults" channel, which does not have the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Todd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

This thread is related to another thread that was started with a different description. I've created this thread as a bug report because I've checked an there is a bug with the Windows version. The following is the related thread: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-distribution-for-python/topic/721042

It is a very important issue because the hardcoded path doesn't allow the activate and deactivate scripts to run. I haven't tested it, but it might also affect other OSs in case the same source was used.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Just to clarify, activate.bat works without issues in Intel® Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2 - Python 3.5.2. The problem is only with Python 2.7.12.

0 Kudos
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Gaston,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working on a fix for this.

In the meantime, you can install an updated conda package from the default channel on anaconda.org:

<path_to_install_dir>\Scripts\conda install conda=4.2.12=py27_0
That command will replace the existing "conda" package with the same version from the "defaults" channel, which does not have the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Todd

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Todd,

I've run the command you explained and it works OK. Thanks for your workaround. It is extremely helpful.

0 Kudos
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Follow-up:

There is a fixed version of the Windows conda package for python 2.7 available on the Intel channel on anaconda.org under a special label. You can install the fixed package from the command prompt with the following command:

> conda install conda=4.2.12 -c intel/label/conda

Todd

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the follow up.

0 Kudos