Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

Intel® Distribution for Python Release Notes improvement suggest

gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

The release notes PDF document included with Intel® Distribution for Python lists the packages upgraded and included. However, some of these listed packages aren't included in all the operating systems supported by Intel® Distribution for Python. For example, in Intel® Distribution for Python* 2017 Update 2 Release Notes, theano is listed, but it isn't included in the Windows version.

I think it would be a nice idea to add a new column to the table included in the Release Content section to indicate the list of operating systems in which each package is included. In the latest version of the document, Intel® Distribution for Python* 2017 Update 2 Release Notes, the table includes two columns: Name and Version. However, there is no way to realize whether the package is included in all the supported operating systems or only on Linunx. The new column would provide valuable information for developers and will reduce the number of support forum threads that ask specific questions about whether packages are included or not on specific operating systems. As a user of Intel® Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2 on Linux, macOS and Windows, I had to perform manual checks about packages that were included or not on the different operating systems to run tests on all these platforms in which I'm working.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidLiu
Employee

Hi Gaston,

The information will be called out in future releases to make things easier.

Thanks!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

The document I'm talking about is available for download in the following link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-distribution-for-python-release-notes and it is also included when you install Intel® Distribution for Python

0 Kudos
DavidLiu
Employee

Hi Gaston,

The information will be called out in future releases to make things easier.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

David,

Awesome! It will be very helpful.

Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos