Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

MKL for python

saikiran-427
Beginner

how to install mkl for python.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the update. For the error, setting up oneAPI development environment (source setvars.sh) and installing Intel OneAPI Base Toolkit(if not installed) would solve it.

To source setvars.sh, run any one of the following commands according to the operating system you are using:

1. Linux

For root users:

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

For normal user installations:

source ~/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

2. Windows

Run

C:\Program Files (x86)\intel\oneapi\setvars.bat

Please refer this link to install the latest Intel OneAPI Base Toolkit: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit/download.html

Hope this helps

Regards

Gopika

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library (oneMKL) is a computing math library of highly optimized, extensively threaded routines for applications that require maximum performance. The library provides Fortran and C programming language interfaces. If you want to build a native extension that directly uses the performance libraries, then you will need to obtain a development package that contains header files and static libraries. We have published them as conda packages for your convenience. Make sure the Intel channel is added to your conda configuration . Then install any of our available performance libraries using "conda install" as normal, such as:

conda install mkl-devel

These are the available packages mkl, mkl‑devel, mkl‑static, mkl‑include

For more information, please refer: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/using-intel-distribution-for-python-with-anaconda.html#installing_the_Intel_Performance%20Libraries

Intel has been publishing wheels of packages like Numpy, Scipy and Scikit-learn to PyPI. These wheels have been built while linking against Intel MKL and include various optimizations.

If you want Scipy built with Intel MKL:
#Remove existing Numpy and/or Scipy:
pip uninstall numpy scipy -y
#Install scipy built with Intel MKL:
pip install intel-scipy

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
saikiran-427
Beginner

Thank you for the reply.

I'm have a C++ code and I'm combining it with python. The code has a header files "mkl.h", "fftw.h" .

I installed mkl using "sudo pip3 install mkl" command. But I did not find any mkl.h header file in my system. Can you tell me how to get those header files.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for the update. For the error, setting up oneAPI development environment (source setvars.sh) and installing Intel OneAPI Base Toolkit(if not installed) would solve it.

To source setvars.sh, run any one of the following commands according to the operating system you are using:

1. Linux

For root users:

source /opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

For normal user installations:

source ~/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh

2. Windows

Run

C:\Program Files (x86)\intel\oneapi\setvars.bat

Please refer this link to install the latest Intel OneAPI Base Toolkit: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit/download.html

Hope this helps

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
saikiran-427
Beginner

Is it possible to install only mkl module alone?

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for accepting it as a solution. You can download all standalone versions of modules in Intel OneAPI toolkits from here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html#inpage-nav-11-5 . If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
nahtasurbhi
Beginner

Hi,

I have Win10 64Bit with Python 3.6.2 I have introduced scipy ,

I followed following advances :

Stage 1: Uninstall if you have any past adaptation of numpy, pip uninstall numpy

Stage 2 : Download numpy1.13.1+mklcp36cp36mwin_amd64.whl with MKL(Math Kernel Library) from beneath connect, 

Stage 3: duplicate downloaded document into another area and dispatch order brief from that area.

Stage 4: run this order, pip introduce - U numpy-1.13.1+mkl-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl

Stage 5: Now Download scipy library from,

Stage 6: Copy downloaded document into same area in which numpy is duplicated.

Stage 7: In CMD brief run this cmd, pip introduce scipy-0.19.1-cp36-cp36m-win_amd64.whl

Done!

0 Kudos