Intel® Distribution for Python*
Support and discussions for achieving faster Python* applications and core computational packages.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Support for SLES?

Tuma__Christian
Beginner
Hello, is there a specific reason why SLES is not listed among the supported Linux distributions? Please remember that "Intel Parallel Studio" does support SLES, and Intel-Python is (going to be) part of it. I have installed Intel-Python under SLES 11 SP3, but, despite its beta status, I am not sure whether I should expect Intel-Python to work under this OS. (So far, the Intel-Python startup looks good, and the NumPy and SciPy test suites passed successfully, for example.) Sincerely, Christian
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ricardo_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Christian,

we do support SLES 11 SP3. I will be updating the release notes with the correct information.
Remember this is our Beta, so I would appreciate if you could contact us if you find any bugs or issues with our Python Distribution.

Thank you.

Tuma__Christian
Beginner

Dear Ricardo, thank you for the clarification, that's good to know. Sure, I will get back to this forum here in case of problems with Intel-Python. Regards, Christian