Intel® Distribution for Python*
Support and discussions for achieving faster Python* applications and core computational packages.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

conda installation fails

Becker__Neal
Beginner

Tried various approaches, but all give similar results:

[nbecker@nbecker2 ~]$ conda create -n intelpython3 intelpython3_core pandas matplotlib --channel intel --override-channels
Fetching package metadata: ..
Solving package specifications: .................................
Error: Unsatisfiable package specifications.
Generating hint: 
[      COMPLETE      ]|#########################################################################| 100%

Hint: 'intelpython3_core' has unsatisfiable dependencies (see 'conda info intelpython3_core')

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_C_Intel
Employee

Please try this and let me know if it works:

conda create -n intelpython3 python=3 intelpython3_core pandas matplotlib --channel intel --override-channels

Becker__Neal
Beginner

conda create -n intelpython3 python=3 intelpython3_core pandas matplotlib --channel intel --override-channels
Fetching package metadata: ..
Solving package specifications: .................................
Error: Unsatisfiable package specifications.
Generating hint: 
[      COMPLETE      ]|#########################################################################| 100%

Hint: 'python' has unsatisfiable dependencies (see 'conda info python')

Becker__Neal
Beginner

It looks like running

conda update --all

first, fixed my problem.

Robert_C_Intel
Employee

You beat me to it! Adding some notes in case others discover the same problem.

I was able to reproduce the problem you are seeing with conda 3.19.3. Updating to the latest conda (4.0.6) makes the problem go away for me. Please do:

conda info

To check the version of conda, Then:

conda update conda

To update conda and try again. We will be updating the documentation on using conda to add these requirements.