Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6405 Discussions

Custom RCNN-Incepciton-V2 Tensorflow to Movidius NCS graph

idata
Employee

Hello dear community,

First of all congratulations on the great job done with this VPU stick, it is really amazing!

I am working on a project which started using tensorflow in CPU, but since I needed more speed on the inference, I decided to move on Movidius stick.

I have been able to run the typical object detector, and I am using the example provided in NCApp Zoo "video_objects". So far so good

The problem I have is that my trained network is based in "Faster-RCNN-Inception-V2" ("http://download.tensorflow.org/models/object_detection/faster_rcnn_inception_v2_coco_2018_01_28.tar.gz"), and I dont know whether it is possible to run this kind of network on the MNCS or which are the steps to follow. I am running this network with tensorflow-cpu on raspberry and it is very slow (8 minutes per inference… quite a lot, but I just need to do one inference ), and that is the reason that I would like to move on a movidius graph.

I have seen in some posts that this network is not supported but I don't know if that is still that way. In case that it is now supported, could you give me some guidance on how to export this frozen model to a movidius graph?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
21 Replies
idata
Employee

Do you know why this could happen? Actually I have been waiting for a new piece of hardware before I dig deeper and been busy with other aspects of the project I am looking at. You have a point in that this is not just a classification example which for me is also useless. Guess you and me are interested in the same thing. I don't care what kind of dog, just want to know its a dog. Not interested in the sub-classification.

0 Kudos