Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Does openvino support asymmetric convolution?

shirleyliu
New Contributor I

Does openvino support asymmetric convolution? I need to split my 5x5 kernel into 5x1 and 1x5

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
shirleyliu
New Contributor I

hello. I have already found that the openvino supports the asymmetric convolution. and it was also used in inception v3

Thank you 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Shirleyliu,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Currently, I do not notice any model from Open Model Zoo are using this asymmetric convolution.

Do you have any other information to provide for further understanding about this asymmetric convolution?

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
shirleyliu
New Contributor I

hello. I have already found that the openvino supports the asymmetric convolution. and it was also used in inception v3

Thank you 

Peh_Intel

Hi Shirleyliu,

Thanks for sharing back your findings to us.

Just to add comment on your sharing, googlenet-v3-pytorch model is the model that use asymmetric convolutions. This PyTorch implementation of the architecture is described in the paper “Rethinking the Inception Architecture for Computer Vision” 

This thread will no longer be monitored since you have answered your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
shirleyliu
New Contributor I
0 Kudos