Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Error in Running Inference with model converted to openvino IR

Dahiya__Navdeep
Beginner

I am trying to run inference by loading a keras model that has been converted to OpenVINO IR format. I am getting the following error:

The following error happened while importing Python API module:
[ ImportError ] libpython3.7m.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am using Python 3.5 to run the code. Do I need to build/install Python 3.7 ? Or do I need to change some system paths etc?

Here's the offending piece of code:

import sys, os
try:
  from openvino import inference_engine as ie
  from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IEPlugin
except Exception as e:
  exception_type = type(e).__name__
  print("The following error happened while importing Python API module:\n[ {} ] {}".format(exception_type, e))
  sys.exit(1)

Thanks,

Navdeep

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dahiya__Navdeep
Beginner

Update:

I compiled and installed Python 3.7 and now the error has changed to:

/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/_bootstrap.py:222: RuntimeWarning: compiletime version 3.7 of module 'openvino.inference_engine.ie_api' does not match runtime version 3.5
  return f(*args, **kwds)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If I use python3.7 to run the inference code then I get:

python3.7 inference_using_openvino.py 
The following error happened while importing Python API module:
[ ModuleNotFoundError ] No module named 'numpy'

Thanks,

Navdeep

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Dahiya, Navdeep,

Did you place your folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.1.146\inference_engine\samples\python_samples ? Did you run C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.1.146\bin\setupvars.bat ?

OpenVino documentation clearly tells you to download Python 3.6.5. I think Python 3.5 is too old.

Please uninstall all previous versions of Python and re-install 3.6.5.  Also if you ran the install_prerequsites scripts under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.1.146\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\install_prerequisites you definitely should not get the 'numpy not found' error.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos