Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Error installing openvino for raspberry pi using intel neural stick 2

idata
Employee

Hi,

I've been following the online tutorial for installing openvino for raspbian OS, using intel's own guide https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-RaspberryPI

I was on step 2 on Add USB Rules

_To perform inference on the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick or Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2, install the USB rules as follows_

when i run the command

sh inference_engine_vpu_arm/install_dependencies/install_NCS_udev_rules.sh

I get the error

Update udev rules so that the toolkit can communicate with your neural compute stick File '97-myriad-usbboot.rules' is missing. Please check that you installed 'Inference Engine Runtime for Intel® Movidius™ VPU'. install_NCS_udev_rules.sh: 30: exit: Illegal number: -1

I have previously edited the setupvars.sh and set the install directory as follows

INSTALLDIR='~/Downloads/inference_engine_vpu_arm'

and my openvino environment was initialized correctly.

Please help regarding the error on _step 2_

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @Osama1995

Just to be sure, after you added yourself to the Users group, you logged out completely and then logged back in right? In the meantime, I will go through another Installation of OpenVINO on my Raspberry Pi to see what else could have caused this error.

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yes i logged out completely

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Sahira_at_Intel by logging out completely do you mean simply log out or shut down as well ?

0 Kudos