cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dangu
Beginner

GetAvailableDevices and seg fault on exit

Hello,

I recently updated to 2019 R2 and started experimenting with the new Core API. One problem I've noticed is that calling GetAvailableDevices leads to a seg fault when the program exits. This happens in the hello_query_device sample, but also in a trivial C++ application that only constructs a Core object and calls that function. It happens in Release mode only, making debugging difficult. I am on CentOS 7.

Can anyone else reproduce this, or provide any insights?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ilya_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you please provide more information?

1. What setup devices do you have in your system? E.g. GPU + installed driver, FPGA + BSP + OpenCL RTE, VPU devices?

2. Could you please take plugins.xml file located at the same folder as libinference_engine.so and remove plugins from this file one by one? I suppose after certain removed plugin the SEGFAULT at the end will disappear. It means we have issue with particular plugin and it's environment. 

Thanks,

Ilya.

dangu
Beginner

Thanks Ilya. Indeed if I take the GPU plugin out of plugins.xml the seg fault disappears.

This is a pretty barebones CentOS 7 VM, and I doubt I installed the necessary opencl driver, so that is probably the cause.

Mark_L_Intel1

Hi dangu,

We tried this issue and can't reproduce it, could you send us the instruction how to reproduce it?

Sorry for the delay, I will wait for several days and if not get any response, I will close our internal ticket and assume your issue is solved.

Mark Liu

dangu
Beginner

Thanks, Mark. This does not seem to be happening in 2020 R1, I would go ahead and close it.