Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Getting error in Python API of Neural stick 2

SAdhi5
Beginner

Got following Error while running this code in Neural stick2

devices = mvnc.enumerate_devices() if len(devices) == 0: print('No NCS devices found') quit()   # Pick the first stick to run the network device = mvnc.Device(devices[0])   # Open the NCS device.open()   # The graph file that was created with the ncsdk compiler graph = mvnc.Graph(GRAPH_FILENAME) graph_file_name = GRAPH_FILENAME   # read in the graph file to memory buffer with open(graph_file_name, mode='rb') as f: graph_in_memory = f.read() # create the NCAPI graph instance from the memory buffer containing the graph file. fifo_in, fifo_out = graph.allocate_with_fifos(device, graph_in_memory)   validated_image = cv2.imread(validated_image_filename) valid_output = run_inference(validated_image, graph) # get list of all the .jpg files in the image directory input_image_filename_list = os.listdir(IMAGES_DIR) input_image_filename_list = [i for i in input_image_filename_list if i.endswith('.jpg')] if (len(input_image_filename_list) < 1): # no images to show print('No .jpg files found') return 1 run_images(valid_output, validated_image_filename, graph, input_image_filename_list)   # Clean up the graph and the device graph.DeallocateGraph() device.CloseDevice()

I think error is occurred in graph.allocate_with_fifos(device, graph_in_memory)

Error:

E: [     0] dispatcherEventReceive:247 dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -2

E: [     0] dispatcherEventSend:822 Write failed -2

E: [     0] eventReader:268 Failed to receive event, the device may have reset

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi SAdhi5,

Thank you for reaching out! The Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK only supports the original Neural Compute Stick. You will need to use the OpenVINO toolkit as it is the official SDK for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2. The OpenVINO toolkit has support for the original Neural Compute Stick too.

Take a look at the Get Started Guide for the Intel NCS 2. We also have a transitioning guide to help you transition your applications to the OpenVINO toolkit.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesusE_Intel

Hi SAdhi5,

Thank you for reaching out! The Intel Movidius Neural Compute SDK only supports the original Neural Compute Stick. You will need to use the OpenVINO toolkit as it is the official SDK for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2. The OpenVINO toolkit has support for the original Neural Compute Stick too.

Take a look at the Get Started Guide for the Intel NCS 2. We also have a transitioning guide to help you transition your applications to the OpenVINO toolkit.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos