Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Help identifying a suitable tracker for OpenVINO's face_detection_retail model on NCS2

Joulz_798
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

We're setting up a test script in python on a raspberry pi fitted with an NCS2. The script successfully connects to the NCS2 via inference engine and runs the necessary inferences to detect faces using Intel's open-source "face_detection_retail" model. This is the same model used by the interactive face detection demo in the OpenVINO app zoo.

What we're trying to do now is track unique faces i.e. without necessarily identifying them we want to know that a certain face is the same face between multiple frames.

We've currently tested an IOU tracker and are getting mixed results. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any other trackers that might work well with the NCS2 and this specific face detection model?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Joulan, how about OpenCV_contrib ?

https://github.com/opencv/opencv_contrib/tree/master/modules/tracking

Hope it helps,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Joulz_798
Beginner

Thanks Shubha. We will definitely give these a shot! Was also wondering if there is any way, per se, to run tracking computations directly on the NCS2 using the openvino SDK.. I know this forum is for openvino not NCS2 so apologies if it's off topic ! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Joulz_798
Beginner

Thanks Shubha. But is there a way to get an opencv contrib tracker to run directly on the NCS2 ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos