Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Installation Error

idata
Employee

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_python.so: undefined reference to `PyNumber_Divide' /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/5/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_python.so: undefined reference to `PyString_Type' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFSetWarningHandler@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFSetErrorHandler@LIBTIFF_4.0' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status tools/CMakeFiles/caffe.bin.dir/build.make:134: recipe for target 'tools/caffe' failed make[3]: *** [tools/caffe] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' CMakeFiles/Makefile2:441: recipe for target 'tools/CMakeFiles/caffe.bin.dir/all' failed make[2]: *** [tools/CMakeFiles/caffe.bin.dir/all] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Installation failed. Error on line 498

please someone who have encounter this error before should help me out. I have been trying to install the neural compute stick for the pass three weeks, but I kept having this error. I have also apply some of the solution found here to it but it dose not work.

I need help please.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, @ObotStella

Have you confirmed this article?

https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/comment/814/#Comment_814
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

It looks like I am having a similar install issue. I have tried the link above with no luck. I am using Ubuntu 16.04 on an x86_64 machine. Here is my error message after make install

[ 73%] Linking CXX executable upgrade_solver_proto_text /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFReadRGBAStrip@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFIsTiled@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFWriteScanline@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFGetField@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFScanlineSize@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFReadEncodedTile@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFReadRGBATile@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFClose@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFRGBAImageOK@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFOpen@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFReadEncodedStrip@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFSetWarningHandler@LIBTIFF_4.0' /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libopencv_highgui.so.2.4.9: undefined reference to `TIFFSetErrorHandler@LIBTIFF_4.0' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status tools/CMakeFiles/upgrade_solver_proto_text.dir/build.make:134: recipe for target 'tools/upgrade_solver_proto_text' failed make[3]: *** [tools/upgrade_solver_proto_text] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' CMakeFiles/Makefile2:441: recipe for target 'tools/CMakeFiles/upgrade_solver_proto_text.dir/all' failed make[2]: *** [tools/CMakeFiles/upgrade_solver_proto_text.dir/all] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Installation failed. Error on line 498

Are there any other ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What SD card speed type are you using. I think it could be that we need a UHS speed type 3. Im going to test it out and see if it work.

0 Kudos
darren1346
Beginner

hi,i have the same error with UDOO x86 ultra , are you fix this error? if you have ,could you help me to fix this? thanks!!

0 Kudos