Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Installation error

idata
Employee

Hi all.

I have got a Movidius today in Intel software developer workshop in Hamburg. I am trying to install the sdk on my ubuntu desktop machine. After running make install

it goes forward until the following error. It seems the Caffe installation has some conflict with installed opencv in ROS on my system. How should I solve it?? the detailed output of the command is in the attached txt file.

[ 72%] Linking CXX executable upgrade_solver_proto_text /opt/ros/kinetic/lib/libopencv_imgcodecs3.so.3.3.1: undefined reference to `TIFFReadDirectory@LIBTIFF_4.0' ... make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Installation failed. Error on line 498

Another questions:

Can I enable the CUDA for the Caffe installation?? and how?? I have a Nvidia GPU Card.

I have the Intel distribution of python on my syst

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

It seems that I solved it in a crazy way. It seems it was seeing my anaconda installation and that was a problem although I have removed the anaconda path from my PATH variable.

You need the ccmake of course

cd /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe sudo rm -rf build mkdir build cd build ccmake .. # the double dots are important

then click c

I turned off the ONLY_CPU or CPU_ONLY

typed c and then g. although I got some errors in configure, I continued

cd /opt/movidius/NCSDK sudo ./install-ncsdk.sh

now it seems it is installed. I have to test it now. Lets see

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

All the examples shown in this video works.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@yosoufe Glad to hear you solved it. Also thank you for coming back and posting your solution. Others in our NCS community may find it useful. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@yosoufe I am also getting the similar error, after doing the steps suggested by you now I've got different error

Running setup.py install for mvnc: finished with status 'done'

Successfully installed mvnc-1.12.0.1

You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 18.0 is available.

You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/bin/pip", line 9, in

from pip import main

ImportError: cannot import name main

Installation failed. Error on line 607

Please let me know what i should do as i am new to this.

thank you in advance
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

it worked after installing with below command:

python3 -m pip install --user --upgrade pip==9.0.3

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@suryender@gmail.com @yosoufe. I am getting a similar error but none of the above steps suggested is working for me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Tharun_Reddy

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please answer the following questions for me to get an idea of your current setup?

1. Which Neural Compute SDK are you trying to install, V1 or V2?

3. Which Neural Compute Stick are you using?

5. What OS is your host computer running? Are you using a VM?

7. Could you share the commands you are running and the error message you are seeing?

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos