Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Is software opensource

idata
Employee

Are SDK + API opensource? Can we access the source code and compile for my host machine? This would make things easier to integrate in different platforms.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

@abhishekkd, the API functional calls are well defined in the API user guide (see download section), but the toolkit and API sources (both are part of the SDK) are not yet OpenSouce.

The SDK supports (and we recommend) x86_64 running Ubuntu 16.04, but you can try to run it on other x86 platforms running other Debian based OS as well.

Can you tell us more about your interest in 'different platforms'? Which other platforms/OS are you interested in, and why?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@"Ashwin Vijayakumar" I am trying to run it in edison and quark based processors, which are 32 bit processors. As all the libraries are 64 bit I am not sure it will work well on 32 bit processors, need to go bit more on sdk and see.

1. If it works for Dabian on 32 bit intel processor then that would be great to go ahead. I am also interested to run it on ARM based processors starting with RPi to benchmark the improvement of sample.

3. Currently it looks to be supported for caffe, my later plan is to run TensorFlow and Darknet models with the device.

5. Would it be open source in future?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@abhishekkd

1. We just released support for RPI3 - https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/118/movidius-nc-sdk-1-07-07-with-raspberry-pi-support

3. Currently we only support Caffe models. We may support other frameworks in the future, but we don't have a specific timeline

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@"Ashwin Vijayakumar" that is great, just saw official video. Looking forward to tryout in embedded space. Thanks.

0 Kudos