Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6411 Discussions

Is there a way to produce timestamps for the results of the Gaze Estimation Demo ?

Morgan1
Novice

I'm using the gaze estimation demo to produce head position angles for a video, and I'm wondering if there's a way to also produce timestamps for each frame. OpenVINO appears to be using a different FPS than that of the actual video (30 FPS) so the timestamps I produced in a separate program are incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@Morgan1 what is the purpose for adding timestamps? If that is for watching frame by frame how gaze vector is changing, then you may try to add option like "-o out_frame_%04d.jpg" to the demo, and it will store the first 1000 frames as separate files.

0 Kudos
Morgan1
Novice

@Vladimir_Dudnik I'm trying to track at what point in our video certain head movements are done, and I need the timestamps in order to determine what time in the video they occur. Because the FPS varies I wasn't able to calculate the timestamps separately.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@Morgan1 if your input is video file, then simple frame id should be enough to identify frame in video where event of interest occurs. Demo not skip frames during playback to maintain some certain FPS.

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Morgan,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos