I've recently acquired a NCS and have yet to manage finishing the setup:
- System specifications : Oracle VM VirtualBox - Ubuntu Desktop 16.04 ; fresh install, 3GB of RAM ( host: i5-4440@3,1GHz and 12GB of ram running Windows 10 )
- NCSDK version i believe it's 2.08 ( I've followed the github instructions for both the VM ( https://movidius.github.io/ncsdk/vm_config.html ) and the instalation ( https://movidius.github.io/ncsdk/install.html ) )
- Python version Python 3.5.2
after running make install, everything seems to go OK
when running make examples, I can hear the "usb device disconnected" sound that windows plays, and then it crashes with error 7. after looking at a couple of pages on this forum, I've found a post that said that I should check if the usb can be seen by the VM
I've taken a couple of screenshots that can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16o6T7LX2srP18Dmv_7ymyQJynOylsaZE
general explanation of photos:
boot-up.png has the output of dmesg and lsusb in relation to the NCS ( we can see it )
dmesg.png has the output of dmesg after running make examples ( the device just disconnects )
hello_ncs.png has the output of lsusb before running hello_ncs and the formers output ( the output of dmesg is similar to the previous one )
Any help would be of great use and greatly appreciated.
If I need to provide more info, I am willing to do so.
Thank you kindly,
I haven’t tried anything since posting. My next try would include a prpper ubuntu install, but that won’t happen until next week, since I haven’t got the hw available.
I just posted a suggestion on another thread to try. Let me know if this helps!
Did you setup the USB filters in the VirtualBox machine settings? I found that I also had to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack on Virtualbox. Once the extension pack was installed, I also loaded guest additions to the guest machine.
- Start the Guest Machine
- Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD image…
- Follow the prompt instructions
- Reboot the Guest Machine