Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdeep
Beginner

Licence-plate-recognition-barrier-0001

Intel model   'Vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier' is only working on few colour of number plates like yellow, blue,

and intel Model 'licence-plate-recognition-barrier-001' is only recognized Chinese number plates

This both Intel_models are not working on Indian plates , so please tell me any way or which steps I need to be done so it also work with Indian plates...

Best regards

Gagandeep

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Gagan, 

for the vehicle license plate detector, you can use this new tool we have released that enables you to retrain it: https://github.com/opencv/training_toolbox_tensorflow

For the second one, it is not yet possible to retrain it. 

Best, 

Severine

Gdeep
Beginner

Dear Habert,

They mentioned steps for Linux but am using open-vino on Window plate-form ? Can this process also same with window plate-form?

And My second question is:-

1 Download training data and put it in the data/bitvehicle directory according to data/bitvehicle/README.md file. Annotation files in the COCO format (refer to cocodataset for details) are already located in data/bitvehicle.

From where to I could download training data??

Best regards

Gagandeep

Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Gagandeep, 

unfortunately, the tool is only for Ubuntu for now. For the second question,  I am not sure I understood well the question, but you can find the training data here: http://iitlab.bit.edu.cn/mcislab/vehicledb/ However, if you want to retrain for the Indian plates and vehicles, it would be better if you have your own Indian specific dataset. 

Best, 

Severine

Gdeep
Beginner

Dear Habert

Can we except this tool also released for Window plate-form in future 

best regards

Gagandeep

Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Gagan, I dont think this is the priority for now. 

Best, 

Severine