Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Model Optimiser TF Parameters

nikhil__aditya
Beginner

Hi there,

Am learning to convert basic Tensorflow Object detection API models to IR format using model optimizer. When coming across the parameters, i have few confusions and i hopefully look forward they'll be rectified here.

1) Why do we have to use --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config when we're specifying the topology by giving --tensorflow_object_detection_api_pipeline_config. I tried to run it without specifying --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config but that's not running, i see it's mandatory. Why?

2) --transformations_config:  A subgraph replacement configuration file with transformations description. Can we use this instead of --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config as they both specify the same file. And what transformations mean here?!

Thank you,

Aditya Nikhil

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Aditya,

Since there are different variations in the same topology and versions for example ssd v1.14, ssd v1.15, ssd_v2 etc. The Architecture is one but the nodes are different. So the custom operations for the respective versions are defined in the corresponding json files located in the <path_to_model_optimizer>/extensions/front/tf/

--tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config has been renamed to --transformations_config. The old command line parameter is deprecated and will be removed in the future releases.

It is used to replace the specific operations to the OpenVINO format

Regards,

Ram prasad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Aditya,

Since there are different variations in the same topology and versions for example ssd v1.14, ssd v1.15, ssd_v2 etc. The Architecture is one but the nodes are different. So the custom operations for the respective versions are defined in the corresponding json files located in the <path_to_model_optimizer>/extensions/front/tf/

--tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config has been renamed to --transformations_config. The old command line parameter is deprecated and will be removed in the future releases.

It is used to replace the specific operations to the OpenVINO format

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos