cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NC_ERROR

Dear all,

I am keep having an issue NC_ERROR whenever I run demo on Ubuntu. Basically NCS2 is not recognized. I am using the latest Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS version and followed all the instructions to install openvino, setup environment and configure NCS2: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_linux.html

However, running demo with "-d MYRIAD" keeps giving me NC_ERROR whenever OpenVino tries to import the pre-trained model on NCS2. This is happening on both of the Ubuntu environment on my personal laptop and Virtualbox. "lsusb" shows me NCS2 as Intel Corp. device, not MYRIAD.

Interestingly, I have no problem running it on Windows 10, which has the VirtualBox with Ubuntu installed. However, I would still like to solve this issue so that I can follow tutorials that are mostly done on Linux environment, not Windows.

I found a post who went through similar issue but haven't started following this solution: http://www.jwrr.com/ncs2-1

I would really appreciate it if you could provide any advice, for the meantime.

-Jo

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Dear JO, MICHAEL,

Does this older IDZ Post regarding NCS2 and Virtual Box help ?

Someone says:

It seems NCS2 USB device ID changes when script starts loading model to MYRIAD.

I was able to resolve it by adding a new USB device filter with VID= 03e7 and PID=f63b in addition to VID= 03e7 and PID=2485 in Virtualbox USB settings.

Hope this solves your problem

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Shubha,

I did add a filter but I didn't have luck. It still shows [ncAPI] ..  ncDeviceOpen:800   Failed connection to device (1.2-ma2480) with error 5. It still cannot initiate the USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND.

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Dear JO, MICHAEL,

Does this older IDZ Post regarding NCS2 and Virtual Box help ?

Someone says:

It seems NCS2 USB device ID changes when script starts loading model to MYRIAD.

I was able to resolve it by adding a new USB device filter with VID= 03e7 and PID=f63b in addition to VID= 03e7 and PID=2485 in Virtualbox USB settings.

Hope this solves your problem

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Michael,

It sounds like you have the USB filters properly setup and the Ubuntu system is detecting the Neural Compute Stick 2. The Intel NCS 2 driver is not installed on Ubuntu 18.04 as it's currently only supported on Ubuntu 16.04. However, users have reported a workaround to install the driver. Also, could you confirm the USB 3.0 setting is enabled on the Virtual machine settings and that you have installed the virtualbox extension pack?

Take a look at this discussion: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision/topic/807156

The same thing here for Ubuntu 18.04. The workaround is to extract package intel-openvino-ie-rt-vpu-ubuntu-bionic-2019.1.094-2019.1-094.x86_64.rpm manually. And for Ubuntu 16.04 libmyriadPlugin.so is present.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Shubha and Jesus,

I just wanted to close this inquiry after knowing the solution to my case. It turns out I needed to give full permission to OpenVINO to run a demo located in /opt/intel/... and I was able to make it run by adding "sudo -E" in front of ./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD.

Thanks for all the help!

Sincerely,

Michael.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Dear Michael,

This is great information. Thanks very much for reporting back to the OpenVino community !

Shubha

0 Kudos