Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS2 on Ubuntu 18.04

Kaliyappan__Malathi

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04, Intel® Core™ i3-8109U CPU @ 3.00GHz × 4.

I want to use OpenVINO R3 model into Intel Neural Compute stick 2.

I referred this link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/get-started-with-neural-compute-stick

My OpenVINO R3 version is installed in Ubuntu 18.04. Do NCS2 support Ubuntu 18.04?

If not what is the alternative to be done in order to make my R3 version run in NCS2.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Kaliyappan, Malathi,

You should be able to use your NCS2 with Ubuntu* 18.04, as the OpenVINO system requirements lists Ubuntu* 18.04 as a compatible Operating System. Also make sure your Processor is part of the supported development platforms (6th to 10th generation Intel® Core™). The getting started guide you referred here should be updated to reflect this OS as compatible with NCS/NCS2, we will work to get that guide updated.

Please make sure to use the latest release R3.1, let us know if you run into issues. 

Regards,

Luis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Kaliyappan, Malathi,

You should be able to use your NCS2 with Ubuntu* 18.04, as the OpenVINO system requirements lists Ubuntu* 18.04 as a compatible Operating System. Also make sure your Processor is part of the supported development platforms (6th to 10th generation Intel® Core™). The getting started guide you referred here should be updated to reflect this OS as compatible with NCS/NCS2, we will work to get that guide updated.

Please make sure to use the latest release R3.1, let us know if you run into issues. 

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Kaliyappan__Malathi

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your response. I will let you know if I have any troubles.

Thanks

Malathi

0 Kudos