Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OPenVino Windows10 Installation Query

Lawton__John
Beginner

Hi  I am trying to install OPenVino and have reached the step where

w_openvino_toolkit_p_<version>.exe is available. Double click causes 

the install to run but 1) C:/Intel is not established as per documentation though they are written

to another default location.

2) I cannot locate the model optimiser  mo.py file

3) the ' .msi'  files state that Setup.exe is required to launch the install? 

In short it looks as though a 'last phase' of installation does not happen.

Comments very much Appreciated

NB All stated dependencies were loaded OK before the Openvino install was executed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joel_E_
Beginner

Hi John,

Have you tried checking the following document: OpenVino Installation on Windows

There are some core components you might need to install too. Those steps are provided in the document.

Regards,

Joel

0 Kudos
Lawton__John
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. YES indeed I have worked through the steps you mention and all installed OK.

For the OpenVino part the installation does not appear to complete with no errors reported

Thanks again

Stewart

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Hi,

If C:/Intel is not available, is not created while running the setup? If not, try pointing it to a different directory. In my case I didn't want it to be installed in the default directory and so pointed it to a new one and it went as expected.

If this step is not completed properly you'll never be able to access mo.py which is installed inside that directory -\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo.py

I'm unsure about the Setup.exe bit. I simply downloaded the setup, extracted it and ran the install application.

0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

What is the OS version?

Could it be that there is not enough space in the main drive?

Could you try

.\w_openvino_toolkit_p_2018.4.420.exe  --x

and the run install.exe from the folder where OpenVino was extracted?

Cheers,

Nikos

0 Kudos