Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lawton__John
Beginner

OPenVino Windows10 Installation Query

Hi  I am trying to install OPenVino and have reached the step where

w_openvino_toolkit_p_<version>.exe is available. Double click causes 

the install to run but 1) C:/Intel is not established as per documentation though they are written

to another default location.

2) I cannot locate the model optimiser  mo.py file

3) the ' .msi'  files state that Setup.exe is required to launch the install? 

In short it looks as though a 'last phase' of installation does not happen.

Comments very much Appreciated

NB All stated dependencies were loaded OK before the Openvino install was executed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joel_E_
Beginner

Hi John,

Have you tried checking the following document: OpenVino Installation on Windows

There are some core components you might need to install too. Those steps are provided in the document.

Regards,

Joel

Lawton__John
Beginner

Thank you for your reply. YES indeed I have worked through the steps you mention and all installed OK.

For the OpenVino part the installation does not appear to complete with no errors reported

Thanks again

Stewart

RBang
New Contributor II

Hi,

If C:/Intel is not available, is not created while running the setup? If not, try pointing it to a different directory. In my case I didn't want it to be installed in the default directory and so pointed it to a new one and it went as expected.

If this step is not completed properly you'll never be able to access mo.py which is installed inside that directory -\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\mo.py

I'm unsure about the Setup.exe bit. I simply downloaded the setup, extracted it and ran the install application.

nikos1
Valued Contributor I

What is the OS version?

Could it be that there is not enough space in the main drive?

Could you try

.\w_openvino_toolkit_p_2018.4.420.exe  --x

and the run install.exe from the folder where OpenVino was extracted?

Cheers,

Nikos