Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Open Vino Demo fails building

RTasa
New Contributor I
Build Inference engine samples using Visual Studio (MSBuild.exe) error C3861: ...softmax.h _mm_blendv.ps : identifier not found [... ie_cpu_extension.vcxproj]
0 Kudos
7 Replies
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

What version of Visual Studio are you using? 

Any issues from cmake?

0 Kudos
RTasa
New Contributor I
VS 2017 Windows 10 . Building before that seemed smooth. My Laptop for this is not the latest would that have anything to do with the build of the demo?
0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Yes could be related to an old CPU that does not support some SSE instruction.

What is the CPU model? Could you try on a more recent system?

Just found this that looks relevant (?)

https://medium.com/developerofstuff/openvino-mm-blendv-ps-build-error-bdc37855ac04

Maybe try to edit C:\Intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420\deployment_tools\inference_engine\src\extension\common\defs.h

#if defined (HAVE_SSE) || defined (HAVE_AVX2)
#if defined (_WIN32)
// #include <emmintrin.h>
#include <smmintrin.h>
#else
#include <x86intrin.h>
#endif
#endif

0 Kudos
RTasa
New Contributor I
I just downloading and installing CPU-Z and found out I have an i 5 Ivy Bridge which supports SSE 4.2 So I am going to change the DEF file and see what happens.
0 Kudos
RTasa
New Contributor I
SUCCESS with a car and plate detected. Unless it was faked this is cool. Thanks so so much. I tried searching for the error cut did not find the blog post.
0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Good to know!  Not faked.. :-) I tried on other clips too. The pre-trained OpenVino models are pretty accurate for Chinese cars/plates.

Cheers,

Nikos

0 Kudos
RTasa
New Contributor I
The other sample made me feel OK I got a 38.x fps inference which is very decent. Feels like I have so much to learn I did some Tensorflow before now trying this with Movidius Stick version 2
0 Kudos