Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

OpenCV and GStreamer Error when trying to run through video on Raspberry Pi 4

Duggy
New Contributor I

Hi,

Am trying to run the Intel OpenVino Multi Camera Multi Target python demo on Raspberry Pi 4.

Have installed all the requirements (I believe) but when I run the script I get the following warning and therefore no video is processed. 

[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (2041) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: your GStreamer installation is missing a required plugin
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (2057) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module uridecodebin0 reported: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1034) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (597) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created

Any assistance or guidance in this regard would be most helpful.

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Duggy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please make sure corresponding GStreamer plugins (gstreamer1.0-plugins-good, gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad, gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly) are installed. You can have a check by executing the following command:

apt list -i | grep gstreamer

Also, please try to install ffmpeg with the following command:

sudo apt install ffmpeg

On another note, to run multi_camera_multi_target_tracking_demo.py, --m_reid command is required. However, all these person-reidentification-retail models are not supported by VPU.

Intel’s Pre-Trained Models Device Support is available at the following page:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.4/omz_models_intel_device_support.html

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Duggy
New Contributor I

Hi @Wan_Intel 

Thanks for the reply apologies for the late reply, gave up on Raspberry Pi. Returning to it now.

With regards to the VPU with reidentification, does this mean that the NCS2 stick will not support/assist reidentification (on PC or Raspberry Pi)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RGVGreatCoder
Novice

I just experienced the same GStreamer error when tried to initiate opencv with cv2.VideoCapture('<video-file-name.mp4>'). The error is the same as the one originally one mentioned on this case, which I will paste below again to be clear:

[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (2057) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module v4l2h264dec0 reported: No valid frames decoded before end of stream
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1034) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline
[ WARN:0] global ../opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (597) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created
ERROR: Unable to read from webcam. Please verify your webcam settings.

Following is the gstreamer list:

$ apt list -i | grep gstreamer

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

gstreamer1.0-alsa/oldstable,now 1.14.4-2+deb10u1 armhf [installed]
gstreamer1.0-libav/oldstable,now 1.15.0.1+git20180723+db823502-2+deb10u1 armhf [installed]
gstreamer1.0-omx-rpi-config/oldstable,now 1.14.4-1+rpt1 armhf [installed,automatic]
gstreamer1.0-omx-rpi/oldstable,now 1.14.4-1+rpt1 armhf [installed,automatic]
gstreamer1.0-omx/oldstable,now 1.14.4-1+rpt1 armhf [installed]
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad/oldstable,now 1.14.4-1+rvt+deb10u2 armhf [installed]
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base/oldstable,now 1.14.4-2+deb10u1 armhf [installed]
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good/oldstable,now 1.14.4-1+rpt1+deb10u1 armhf [installed]
gstreamer1.0-x/oldstable,now 1.14.4-2+deb10u1 armhf [installed]
libgstreamer-gl1.0-0/oldstable,now 1.14.4-2+deb10u1 armhf [installed,automatic]
libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0/oldstable,now 1.14.4-1+rvt+deb10u2 armhf [installed,automatic]
libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0/oldstable,now 1.14.4-2+deb10u1 armhf [installed,automatic]
libgstreamer1.0-0/oldstable,now 1.14.4-1 armhf [installed,automatic]

I believe I already had ffmpeg installed but I tried installing it again anyway as follows:

$ sudo apt install ffmpeg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
ffmpeg is already the newest version (7:4.1.8-0+deb10u1+rpt1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

The following is installed in my Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB RAM):

Please let me know what I need to do, to fix this issue.

Thank you for all your support and will be waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Duggy,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided suggestions. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@Duggy The table referred by @Wan_Intel  explains which models supported on listed devices (CPU, GPU and MyriadX). The reidentification models (person-reidentification-retail-0277, person-reidentification-retail-0286, person-reidentification-retail-0287, person-reidentification-retail-0288), according this table, were successfully validated on CPU and GPU, but not supported on MyriadX.

0 Kudos