Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenCV in openvino

Rimsha_ch
Beginner

how i can use opencv present in openvino?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_at_Intel

That is a good question, I believe you can still use your OpenCV code with your OpenVINO toolkit code and the other way around. As the article I linked on my previous reply, the only thing you need to do to use OpenVINO IE instead of pure OpenCV is to change cv2.dnn.DNN_BACKEND_OPENCV to cv2.dnn.DNN_BACKEND_INFERENCE_ENGINE in your code implementation. You can take a look at the repository here to get more information on how it works and how to use it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I hope you have found this helpful.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @Rimsha ch,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not sure what are you trying to achieve, you can take a look at this article and see if it helps.

If this resource doesn't tell you much, please help me by elaborating what you are trying to achieve and I'll do my best to help.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
Rimsha_ch
Beginner

Thanks for replying!

I am intended to ask, to use Open CV present in Open vino toolkit do i need to source something or export something. Do i need to use some command line arguments to make it start working? or it will start working just after environment initialization?

Actually i was implementing some codes in which Open CV is used, as in my RPI Open CV is already installed so i can not get which one is used.is it like connecting Open CV with IE?if yes then kindly guide me.

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

That is a good question, I believe you can still use your OpenCV code with your OpenVINO toolkit code and the other way around. As the article I linked on my previous reply, the only thing you need to do to use OpenVINO IE instead of pure OpenCV is to change cv2.dnn.DNN_BACKEND_OPENCV to cv2.dnn.DNN_BACKEND_INFERENCE_ENGINE in your code implementation. You can take a look at the repository here to get more information on how it works and how to use it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I hope you have found this helpful.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
Rimsha_ch
Beginner

Thanks you!!

That's what exactly i was asking, i will do that soon and if find some issues i will get back to you.

0 Kudos