Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVINO RasberryPi Install for Python

DaveInPA
New Contributor I

I recently installed OpenVino and OpenCV on my rasbPi using the instructions from Intel website. I did a full build by compiling both OpenVino and OpenCV. I had OpenCV installed before using pip so i uninstalled that and removed any remaining OpenCV files.

The build went fine and OpenCV appears to be working as expected with Python3. But it doesn't seem like my python world knows anything about OpenVINO.

While it wasn't in the install instructions i found other sources that point me to the script "setupvars.sh". When I run that i get the following error:

Can not find OpenVINO Python binaries by path /home/pi/openvino/scripts/python

I'm using the latest OpenCV and OpenVINO source releases on git-hub. My folder structure is ~/opencv/scripts/setupvars to get to the above file.

Are there extra steps i need to take to get OpenVINO to work with my Python environment?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Davel,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Did you add the -DENABLE_PYTHON=ON option and specify the Python version during the compiling of OpenVINO?

Please re-check the compiling options and the steps by referring to the following article:

Building Open Source OpenVINO™ toolkit for Raspbian* OS and Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2

You might need to use pip3 instead of pip to install numpy and cython python modules.

Modification to make from the article:

>Building

pip3 install -r requirements.txt

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Davel,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided suggestions. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos