Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Openvino 2020.1 cannot import inference engine for python 3.6

Boulard__Luca_Matteo

Good afternoon,
I'm having an issue with the latest version of intel openvino toolkit (2020.1.023).
Installation went just fine and also the two verification scripts described in installation procedure (demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh, demo_security_barrier_camera.sh).

But when I try to run one of python demo application using python 3.6, such as /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/python/object_detection_sample_ssd/object_detection_sample_ssd.py, I get the following error:

ImportError: /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/ie_api.so: undefined symbol: PyFPE_jbuf

I suppose there is some problem in the library ie_api.so as compiled for python 3.6.
If I replace this file with the corresponding one, compiled for python 3.5, the demo starts working.

Could you please confirm the issue, suggest me some more proper workaround, if any?
Will this issue be fixed in the next Openvino release?

Thank you for your attention.
Kind regards,
Luca Boulard

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Luca,

This issue could be probably because of installation of numpy or cython with pip as well as conda.

For more information, please refer to this comment on another thread regarding the same issue.

Regards,

Jaivin

0 Kudos