Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

[Openvino library transplant different cpu issue]

shieh__joseph
Beginner

Hi, 

Currently I use openvino R2 version build library on my device and run python classifier sample, it works fine.

the PC1 info show as below:

Architecture: x86_64

CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit

Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Now, I transplant python library to other pc device and on execution step got core dumped error message.

the PC2 info show as below:

Model name: Intel Celeron 1.6GHz Dual-Core (burst up to 2.08~2.48GHz)

My question is openvino library dependency not mutually exclusive? if I want solve this problem, how do I fix it or something can reference, many thanks for your helping.

BR,

Joseph

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Joseph,

Which classifier sample are you running?

Could you also tell me the processor model for PC2?

The concern is the GPU dependency. The demo sample during the installation is using HW acceleration from GPU, if your classifier sample you run has GPU dependency while the PC2 processor missed the hardware, you should get a failure.

Mark

0 Kudos
shieh__joseph
Beginner

Hi, Mark:

Sry, I didn't catch the point, did you mean this demo sample (demo_security_barrier_camera.sh or demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh)?  

I followed the installation step from official guildline except execute topic [(Optional) Post-Installation Requirements for Processor Graphics (GPU) and Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick], I thought the DL optimizer processes only include CPU until previous step as I mention. did you mean the procedure also include GPU optimizer?? 

PC2  cpu info detail :

Architecture: x86_64

CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit

Model name: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J3355 @2.00GHz

test sample: classification_sample (python3.5)

BR,

Joseph

0 Kudos