Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Post-process output with TF commands

nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Is there any reference how to post-process network output with some Tensorflow commands?

To be more specific I already have the the tf pose output 'TfPoseEstimator/Openpose/concat_stage7:0' using OpenVino R3, and would like to add the tf.image.resize and tf.nn.pool etc as show below

self.tensor_image = self.graph.get_tensor_by_name('TfPoseEstimator/image:0')
        self.tensor_output = self.graph.get_tensor_by_name('TfPoseEstimator/Openpose/concat_stage7:0')
        self.tensor_heatMat = self.tensor_output[:, :, :, :19]
        self.tensor_pafMat = self.tensor_output[:, :, :, 19:]
        self.upsample_size = tf.placeholder(dtype=tf.int32, shape=(2,), name='upsample_size')
        self.tensor_heatMat_up = tf.image.resize_area(self.tensor_output[:, :, :, :19], self.upsample_size,
                                                      align_corners=False, name='upsample_heatmat')
        self.tensor_pafMat_up = tf.image.resize_area(self.tensor_output[:, :, :, 19:], self.upsample_size,
                                                     align_corners=False, name='upsample_pafmat')
        smoother = Smoother({'data': self.tensor_heatMat_up}, 25, 3.0)
        gaussian_heatMat = smoother.get_output()

max_pooled_in_tensor = tf.nn.pool(gaussian_heatMat, window_shape=(3, 3), pooling_type='MAX', padding='SAME')
        self.tensor_peaks = tf.where(tf.equal(gaussian_heatMat, max_pooled_in_tensor), gaussian_heatMat,
                                     tf.zeros_like(gaussian_heatMat))

self.heatMat = self.pafMat = None

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Nikos,

Yes, a way to do it is treat the post process section as a custom layer in your graph that you want to offload to native Tensorflow also once you do this it can only run on CPU so hopefully that is the target you'd like to deploy your application on. The instructions to do this reside in the in-package documentation /opt/intel/computer_vison_sdk/deployment_tools/documentations/docs/CustomLayersOffloadSubgraph.html. Let me know if you run into any issues following the process and also if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Nikos,

Yes, a way to do it is treat the post process section as a custom layer in your graph that you want to offload to native Tensorflow also once you do this it can only run on CPU so hopefully that is the target you'd like to deploy your application on. The instructions to do this reside in the in-package documentation /opt/intel/computer_vison_sdk/deployment_tools/documentations/docs/CustomLayersOffloadSubgraph.html. Let me know if you run into any issues following the process and also if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos