Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Question about use of ncsdk2 with ncs2:

in
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I have been using ncs2 with ncsdk2 and it was working for me. I knew back then that Intel was putting available openvino and ncsdk for users but it was not indicated that ncs2 should not be used with ncsdk and since i needed a feature that is included there i chose to use ncsdk2.

After making my tests, I recently read in the github readme of ncsdk that "Users of the Intel® NCS 2 device cannot use the NCSDK and must use the OpenVINO™ Toolkit" and this comment have been added to the github (precisely on the 15th of August).

Hence, I want to ask if the latter added comment means the end of support of ncsdk2 to ncs2 or it means that the ncsdk2 would not work as an sdk for the ncs2 if used . I want also to ask if my tests than still make sense despite not using openvino.

I am counting on the understanding of the community. Thank you in advance for your response.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi in,

Thank you for reaching out.

How you were able to run the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (Intel® NCS2) using the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute SDK2 (Intel® Movidius™ NCSDK2)?

The Intel® Movidius™ NCSDK (regardless of the version) doesn't have support for the Intel® NCS2, it only works with the original Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (Intel® Movidius™ NCS). If you want to use Intel® NCS2 you must download and use OpenVINO™ toolkit, if you want to use the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute SDK you must have to use an Intel® Movidius™ NCS.

Also, you can take a look at the transitioning guide from Intel® Movidius™ NCSDK to OpenVINO™ toolkit here.

Regards,

Javier A.    

Intel Customer Support Technician  

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos