Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community support and discussions about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all things computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
5541 Discussions

Running security barrier demo gives no results

JVond
Beginner

Noticed this during startup.

[ WARN:0] global /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1739) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module source reported: Could not read from resource.
[ WARN:0] global /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (886) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline
[ WARN:0] global /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (480) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Vondale,James,

This may be due to GStreamer was unable to find the input file using relative path.

• Which version of OpenVINO you are using?
  • Which hardware device are you using?
  • What was the command used to run the demo?

Best Regards,

Surya

JVond
Beginner

openvino version:  l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_raspbian_p_2019.2.242

hardware: Raspberry pi 3B + (although i have the same issue on the RPI4) with NCS 2.

./security_barrier_camera_demo -i /dev/video0 -d MYRIAD -m ~/all_models/ncs_models/vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106/FP16/vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106.xml -d_va MYRIAD -m_va ~/all_models/ncs_models/vehicle-attributes-recognition-barrier-0039/FP16/vehicle-attributes-recognition-barrier-0039.xml -d_lpr MYRIAD -m_lpr ~/all_models/ncs_models/license-plate-recognition-barrier-0001/FP16/license-plate-recognition-barrier-0001.xml

as well as...

./crossroad_camera_demo -i /dev/video0 -d MYRIAD -m /home/pi/all_models/ncs_models/person-vehicle-bike-detection-crossroad-0078/FP16/person-vehicle-bike-detection-crossroad-0078.xml -d_pa MYRIAD -m_pa /home/pi/all_models/ncs_models/person-attributes-recognition-crossroad-0230/FP16/person-attributes-recognition-crossroad-0230.xml -d_reid MYRIAD -m_reid /home/pi/all_models/ncs_models/person-reidentification-retail-0079/FP16/person-reidentification-retail-0079.xml

SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Vondale,James,

Please use latest OpenVINO version (2020.1)

To use camera as input,

• For crossroad_camera_demo, please replace input argument -i /dev/video0 with -i "cam" and re-run the command.
  • For security_barrier_camera_demo, use -nc 1 for processing single camera input and re-run the command.

Hope, it solves the issue.

Best Regards,

Surya

JVond
Beginner

great that works.  Now do you know how to make the video open up in full screen?

SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Vondale, James,

Seems like you started a new thread for "how to make the video open up in full screen" query. Kindly find the answer there.

Best Regards,

Surya