Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Running security barrier demo gives no results

JVond
Beginner

Noticed this during startup.

[ WARN:0] global /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (1739) handleMessage OpenCV | GStreamer warning: Embedded video playback halted; module source reported: Could not read from resource.
[ WARN:0] global /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (886) open OpenCV | GStreamer warning: unable to start pipeline
[ WARN:0] global /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/videoio/src/cap_gstreamer.cpp (480) isPipelinePlaying OpenCV | GStreamer warning: GStreamer: pipeline have not been created

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Vondale,James,

This may be due to GStreamer was unable to find the input file using relative path.

• Which version of OpenVINO you are using?
  • Which hardware device are you using?
  • What was the command used to run the demo?

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
JVond
Beginner

openvino version:  l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_raspbian_p_2019.2.242

hardware: Raspberry pi 3B + (although i have the same issue on the RPI4) with NCS 2.

./security_barrier_camera_demo -i /dev/video0 -d MYRIAD -m ~/all_models/ncs_models/vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106/FP16/vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106.xml -d_va MYRIAD -m_va ~/all_models/ncs_models/vehicle-attributes-recognition-barrier-0039/FP16/vehicle-attributes-recognition-barrier-0039.xml -d_lpr MYRIAD -m_lpr ~/all_models/ncs_models/license-plate-recognition-barrier-0001/FP16/license-plate-recognition-barrier-0001.xml

as well as...

./crossroad_camera_demo -i /dev/video0 -d MYRIAD -m /home/pi/all_models/ncs_models/person-vehicle-bike-detection-crossroad-0078/FP16/person-vehicle-bike-detection-crossroad-0078.xml -d_pa MYRIAD -m_pa /home/pi/all_models/ncs_models/person-attributes-recognition-crossroad-0230/FP16/person-attributes-recognition-crossroad-0230.xml -d_reid MYRIAD -m_reid /home/pi/all_models/ncs_models/person-reidentification-retail-0079/FP16/person-reidentification-retail-0079.xml

0 Kudos
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Vondale,James,

Please use latest OpenVINO version (2020.1)

To use camera as input,

• For crossroad_camera_demo, please replace input argument -i /dev/video0 with -i "cam" and re-run the command.
  • For security_barrier_camera_demo, use -nc 1 for processing single camera input and re-run the command.

Hope, it solves the issue.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
JVond
Beginner

great that works.  Now do you know how to make the video open up in full screen?

0 Kudos
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Vondale, James,

Seems like you started a new thread for "how to make the video open up in full screen" query. Kindly find the answer there.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos