Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Employee

Safety Gear Detector Fails to Run the Pre-trained Model

I'm trying to get the demo running from here...

https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/safety-gear-detector-python

But somehow the pre-trained model from Intel won't run. I'm on Mac OSX and 2021.1 now. 

rloÉrlo-mac01 application % python3 ./safety_gear_detector.py -m ../intel/person-detection-retail-0013/FP16/person-detection-retail-0013.xml
Application running in Async mode
/Users/rlo/Documents/python_demos/safety-gear-detector-python/application/inference.py:79: DeprecationWarning: 'layers' property of IENetwork class is deprecated. For iteration over network please use get_ops()/get_ordered_ops() methods from nGraph Python API
  Äl for l in self.net.layers.keys() if l not in supported_layersÅ
ERROR:root:Following layers are not supported by the plugin for specified device CPU:
 Constant_58577

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

I actually can run this on the neural stick... Same code won't run if I switch to -d CPU....  

python3 ./safety_gear_detector.py -d MYRIAD -m /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/open_model_zoo/tools/downloader/intel/person-detection-retail-0013/FP16/person-detection-retail-0013.xml -sm ../resources/worker-safety-mobilenet/FP16/worker_safety_mobilenet.xml

Application running in Async mode

/Users/rlo/Documents/python_demos/safety-gear-detector-python/application/inference.py:97: DeprecationWarning: 'inputs' property of IENetwork class is deprecated. To access DataPtrs user need to use 'input_data' property of InputInfoPtr objects which can be accessed by 'input_info' property.

self.input_blob = next(iter(self.net.inputs))

/Users/rlo/Documents/python_demos/safety-gear-detector-python/application/inference.py:153: DeprecationWarning: 'outputs' property of InferRequest is deprecated. Please instead use 'output_blobs' property.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Raymond,

I suggest you run the sample code with OpenVINO 2020.3 since this has been mentioned requirement of the sample. Meanwhile, make sure your CPU is within 6th to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with Iris® Pro graphics or Intel® HD Graphics which also mentioned in the hardware requirement. The sample might be hardcoded to OpenVINO 2020.3 and 6th to 8th generation core CPU.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

That's a huge uptake to roll back all versions and my setup back to 2019 to get it running. sigh. 

I don't see where it did the hardcoding either. It actually compiles and optimizes the model with the mo_caffe.py script.

cd /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/
./mo_caffe.py --input_model $BASE_DIR/resources/worker-safety-mobilenet/worker_safety_mobilenet.caffemodel  -o $BASE_DIR/resources/worker-safety-mobilenet/FP32 --data_type FP32
./mo_caffe.py --input_model $BASE_DIR/resources/worker-safety-mobilenet/worker_safety_mobilenet.caffemodel  -o $BASE_DIR/resources/worker-safety-mobilenet/FP16 --data_type FP16

-ray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

I got the same error rolling back to 2020.3 LTS. Something isn't adding up. I guess I'm missing some sort of cpu_extension as I saw similar issues with others. 

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2019_R1/_inference_engine_src_extension_README.html

I will give it a try again and update you all with another machine. 

-ray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Raymond, 

This sample is a specific sample and it is not part of the OpenVINO toolkit but the intel-iot-devkit. However, I've tried in a different machine and different version of OpenVINO but it only works with OpenVINO 2020.3. If you getting any error from OpenVINO 2020.3 too, please try the workaround first.

• Find the downloader package in the OpenVINO™ toolkit package: "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\opencv\ffmpeg-download.ps1".
  • Right-click on the script file and select Run with Powershell.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos