Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6411 Discussions

Several Questions regarding Openvino and NCS2 so it can help many starters

Ziad21
Novice

First , i want to know sth i have my own model and i finished it and added "from openvino.inference_engine import IECore" so i can work on IECORE  and i created an inference

ie = IECore() .  

also i added 

net = ie.read_network(model='model.xml', weights='model.bin')

exec_net = ie.load_network(network=net , device_name = "MYRIAD")

i get this error -->> 

Cannot load library 'openvino_intel_myriad_plugin.dll': 126

So i need to understand the problem "I'm using OpenvinoToolkit v 2021.4.752"

Second, IF i'm running the program  and using this on Command Prompt "python model.py -d MYRIAD"   is there anything that should appear to me that shows that it's running on NCS2 after the running is successful. 

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Ziad21
Novice

Also i'm using Jupyter Notebook 

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Ziad21,

For your information, OpenVINO™ Runtime package install from PyPI only includes a set of libraries for Intel® CPU and Intel® GPU hardware. Hence, this is the reason that you encountered the following error:

Cannot load library 'openvino_intel_myriad_plugin.dll': 126

Next, you mentioned you are using OpenVINO Toolkit version 2021.4.752, but starting from OpenVINO Toolkit version 2022, the MYRIAD library has renamed to 'openvino_intel_myriad_plugin.dll' from ‘myriadPlugin.dll’.

You can notice that these two files (openvino_intel_myriad_plugin.dll file and usb-ma2x8x.mvcmd) are not available in the directory: 

<Installed_Python_directory OR Virtual_env_directory>\Lib\site-packages\openvino\libs

If you’re following the instructions from here, you are probably cloning the master branch of openvinotoolkit/openvino_notebooks and hence install OpenVINO 2022.3.0 from PyPI when running Step 8 (pip install -r requirements.txt). However, MYRIAD plugin is not supported by OpenVINO 2022.3.0 currently.

In this case, you have to clone the OpenVINO 2022.1 or OpenVINO 2021.4 repository and install the packages again.

For OpenVINO 2021.4:

1.     Create a virtual environment (need to rename or remove the previous virtual environment)

python -m venv openvino_env

2.     Activate the Environment

openvino_env\Scripts\activate

3.     Remove the previous downloaded openvino_notebooks directory.

4.     Clone OpenVINO 2021.4 repository

git clone -b 2021.4 --depth=1 https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino_notebooks.git

cd openvino_notebooks

5.     Install the packages.

python -m pip install --upgrade pip wheel setuptools

pip install -r requirements.txt --no-cache-dir

6.     Launch the Notebooks.

For OpenVINO 2022.1:

1.     Create a virtual environment (need to rename or remove the previous virtual environment)

python -m venv openvino_env

2.     Activate the Environment

openvino_env\Scripts\activate

3.     Remove the previous downloaded openvino_notebooks directory.

4.     Clone OpenVINO 2022.1 repository

git clone -b 2022.1 --depth=1 https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino_notebooks.git

cd openvino_notebooks

5.     Install the packages.

python -m pip install --upgrade pip wheel setuptools

pip install -r requirements.txt --no-cache-dir

6.      Copy and paste these two files (openvino_intel_myriad_plugin.dll file and usb-ma2x8x.mvcmd) to the following directory.

< user_directory>\openvino_env\Lib\site-packages\openvino\libs

Note: Both files can be obtained by installing OpenVINO™ runtime from installer. I attach a zip file, containing both files for your ease.

7.      Launch the Notebooks.

In addition, Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 (NCS2) is a plug-and-play device, which means it uses the general WinUsb Device. Hence, when plugging NCS2 into host machine, a notification sound is popped out if NCS2 is being detected. When loading model into NCS2, a notification sound is popped out also.

Regards,

Peh

Ziad21
Novice
0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Ziad21,

Thank you for confirming your problem is resolved.

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos