Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Smart Classroom demo Error

SC_Huang
Beginner

I tried executing smart classroom demo in OpenVINO 2019 R1,

I've create a faces_gallery.json with create_list.py and had been successfully create.

But when executed the demo, error happened as following.

[ ERROR ] OpenCV(4.1.0-openvino) /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.094/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/smart_classroom_demo/src/reid_gallery.cpp:72: error: (-215:Assertion failed) item.size() == 1 in function 'EmbeddingsGallery'

So why the error happened? Could anyone help with this kind of problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tien_Dung__Tom___Ngu

Dear all,

I use version 2019R1.144.

@SC Huang: I got the error when I put multiple images in gallery.

I tried to use 1 image for each identity. Then it worked.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Tien_Dung__Tom___Ngu

I got the same error.

@SC Huang

Did you fix it yet?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear folks,

Can you kindly download R2019R1.1 (just released this week) and try again ? Please report your findings here.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Tien_Dung__Tom___Ngu

Dear all,

I use version 2019R1.144.

@SC Huang: I got the error when I put multiple images in gallery.

I tried to use 1 image for each identity. Then it worked.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
SC_Huang
Beginner

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your information.

I've try with one image for each identity and it works too.

Maybe multiple images will be supported in the future...

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Tom, 

Thanks for reporting your findings to the OpenVino community. It seems 1 image for each identity is required. I will file a bug because create_list.py doesn't check for multiple images, and throw an error accordingly. See the following code :

files_list = glob.glob(dir + '*.png') + glob.glob(dir + '*.jpg')

I will certainly file a bug on this !

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos
SC_Huang
Beginner

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Dear Tom, 

Thanks for reporting your findings to the OpenVino community. It seems 1 image for each identity is required. I will file a bug because create_list.py doesn't check for multiple images, and throw an error accordingly. See the following code :

I will certainly file a bug on this !

Thanks !

Shubha

Hi Shubha,

I've tried with openVINO 2019R2, 

python3 create_list.py /location_to_the_gallery'

although the faces_gallery.json can be create, but it seems no items in json file.

{}

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear SC Huang,

Did you follow these instructions taken from the README.md within C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.2.242\inference_engine\demos\smart_classroom_demo ?

## Creating a Gallery for Face Recognition

To recognize faces on a frame, the demo needs a gallery of reference images. Each image should contain a tight crop of face. You can create the gallery from an arbitrary list of images:
1. Put images containing tight crops of frontal-oriented faces to a separate empty folder. Each identity could have multiple images. Name images as `id_name.0.png, id_name.1.png, ...`.
2. Run the `create_list.py <path_to_folder_with_images>` command to get a list of files and identities in `.json` format.

In your command python3 create_list.py /location_to_the_gallery it should be python3 create_list.py <full_path>/location_to_the_gallery . Or maybe you need a dot in front of your slash like :  python3 create_list.py ./location_to_the_gallery

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos
SC_Huang
Beginner

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

In your command python3 create_list.py /location_to_the_gallery it should be python3 create_list.py <full_path>/location_to_the_gallery . Or maybe you need a dot in front of your slash like :  python3 create_list.py ./location_to_the_gallery

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks !

Shubha

Hi Shubha,

Sorry that i simplify the location, actually my command location is full path with

python3 create_list.py $HOME/Picture/TestImage/

inside that location

ls $HOME/Picture/TestImage/
FCT.0.png    FCT.1.png    FCT.2.png    FCT.3.png    FCT.4.png    FCT.5.png    SCH.0.png    SCH.1.png    SCH.2.png    SCH.3.png    SCH.4.png    SCH.5.png

I think I've totally follow the instruction from README.md, did I miss anything?

0 Kudos
Liang__Alex
Beginner

I have the same problem on openvino R2.

Only "{}" on faces_gallery.json after running create_list.py 

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear SC Huang

Please attach as a *.zip file your images and I will reproduce.

Thanks for your cooperation !

Shubha

0 Kudos
nmam
Novice

why don't we just fix the create_list.py script by introducing a slash infromnt of the png and jpg pattent strings ?

so instead of :

have this:

files_list = glob.glob(dir + '/*.png') + glob.glob(dir + '/*.jpg')

without this any one who gives the gallery folder as c:\abc\pqr  or /abc/pqr would get an empty json

0 Kudos