Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Using OpenVINO with T265 camera

RobDubois
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to know if is possible to use OpenVINO with the T265 camera (and its movidius chip) like I do with a NCS stick ?

Is it possible to load a model and run inference on it ?

I ask this question, because when I launch the OpenVINO Hello Query Device Python Sample,  the camera (unique device plugged on my USB port) is listed with the same properties as a stick.

But when I try to run the benchmark sample (using MYRIAD as device) it stops on this error : Cannot init Myriad device : NC_ERROR

The same code perfectly runs on a NCS stick.

I had the same behavior on raspberry / windows10 / macOSX.

Is the movidius chip of the camera only dedicated for camera specific treatments (like VSLAM) ?

Thanks for your help !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi RobDubois,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Intel® RealSense™ Tracking Camera T265 only can be used with the RealSense SDK 2.0. It is only meant to run Intel® RealSense™ Visual SLAM.

While the T265 camera does have an Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ chip, it is a custom solution and does not behave like a regular Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick. 

Regards,

Javier A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi RobDubois,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Intel® RealSense™ Tracking Camera T265 only can be used with the RealSense SDK 2.0. It is only meant to run Intel® RealSense™ Visual SLAM.

While the T265 camera does have an Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ chip, it is a custom solution and does not behave like a regular Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick. 

Regards,

Javier A.

0 Kudos
RobDubois
Beginner

Thanks a lot for your answer Javier !

Have a nice day.

Robert.

0 Kudos