Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

docker container on raspberry pi

idata
Employee

Has anyone managed to successfully build a docker container on raspberry pi from the Dockerfile that's shipped with ncsdk2?

I get the error below:

Installing collected packages: numpy Found existing installation: numpy 1.11.0 Not uninstalling numpy at /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages, outside environment /usr Successfully installed numpy-1.13.3 You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 10.0.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command. Checking whether tensorflow CPU version is installed... You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 10.0.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command. Checking whether tensorflow GPU version is installed... You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 10.0.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command. Couldn't find a supported tensorflow version, installing tensorflow 1.6.0 Collecting tensorflow==1.6.0 Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tensorflow==1.6.0 (from versions: ) No matching distribution found for tensorflow==1.6.0 You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 10.0.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command. Installation failed: Command ' pip3 install --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org tensorflow==1.6.0' return code=1. Error on line 308 in ./install-utilities.sh. Will exit Makefile:47: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 131 The command '/bin/sh -c make install' returned a non-zero code: 2
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

My guess is that because dockerfile pulls from ubuntu image the OS_DISTRO variables in the installer script is wrongly set to ubuntu instead of raspian and it follows the wrong path.

Maybe a simple FROM resin/rpi-raspbian instead of from ubuntu:16.04 would do the trick? I'll give that a go and report back
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So by using FROM resin/rpi-raspbian:stretch the build proceeds but eventually fails:

Collecting numpy==1.13.1 Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/c0/3a/40967d9f5675fbb097ffec170f59c2ba19fc96373e73ad47c2cae9a30aed/numpy-1.13.1.zip (5.0MB) Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 1, in <module> ImportError: No module named setuptools ---------------------------------------- Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-3Jc26M/numpy/ Installation failed: Command ' pip2 install --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org --upgrade numpy==1.13.1' return code=1. Error on line 308 in ./install-utilities.sh. Will exit Makefile:47: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 131 The command '/bin/sh -c make install' returned a non-zero code: 2

I'd be great if movidius had proper prebuilt x86_64 and raspberry pi docker images up on DockerHub. Perhaps with various tags so I could get caffe or tf versions,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok so I did eventually manage to build a docker image on rpi with the patch below. Basically you need to pull from resin/rpi-raspbian:stretch instead of ubuntu and add python3-setuptools and python-setuptools to requirements_apt_raspbian.txt .

(I have disabled caffe because I have no interest in it. Not sure if it builds with caffe enabled or not.)

diff --git a/extras/docker/Dockerfile b/extras/docker/Dockerfile index e65eadf..0ef9386 100644 --- a/extras/docker/Dockerfile +++ b/extras/docker/Dockerfile @@ -1,4 +1,5 @@ -FROM ubuntu:16.04 +# FROM ubuntu:16.04 +FROM resin/rpi-raspbian:stretch # Install necessary packages for the installer RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \ diff --git a/ncsdk.conf b/ncsdk.conf index c5b7aed..4f97f9b 100644 --- a/ncsdk.conf +++ b/ncsdk.conf @@ -1,5 +1,5 @@ INSTALL_DIR=/opt/movidius -INSTALL_CAFFE=yes +INSTALL_CAFFE=no CAFFE_FLAVOR=ssd CAFFE_USE_CUDA=no INSTALL_TENSORFLOW=yes diff --git a/requirements_apt_raspbian.txt b/requirements_apt_raspbian.txt index fa541da..1f024b9 100644 --- a/requirements_apt_raspbian.txt +++ b/requirements_apt_raspbian.txt @@ -1,2 +1,2 @@ -python3-markdown python3-h5py python3-lxml python3-matplotlib python3-protobuf python3-dateutil python3-scipy python3-six python3-networkx make wget python3-dev python3-pip python-pip +python3-markdown python3-h5py python3-lxml python3-matplotlib python3-protobuf python3-dateutil python3-scipy python3-six python3-networkx make wget python3-dev python3-pip python-pip python3-setuptools python-setuptools
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@milad Glad this is working for you, thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos