Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

gaze estimation demo fail in Version 2021.1 & 2021.2

BSung8
New Contributor I

CPU: i3-1115G4

Target device : GPU

model:

Face Detection model: face-detection-adas-0001 => work fine

Head Pose Estimation model: head-pose-estimation-adas-0001 => work fine

Facial Landmarks Estimation model: facial-landmarks-35-adas-0002 => work fine

Open/Closed Eye Estimation model:  open-closed-eye => not work

( transfer from /openvino_models/public/open-closed-eye-0001/open-closed-eye.onnx )

Gaze Estimation model: gaze-estimation-adas-0002 = > not work

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Munesh_Intel

Hi Brian,

Thank you for waiting and apologies for the delay.

I’ve just validated Gaze Estimation Demo using the following parameters, and am glad to inform you that the demo is working fine.

The steps to execute the demo are given here:

1.    Download all the required models using Model Downloader:

·      gaze-estimation-adas-0002

·      face-detection-retail-0004

·      face-detection-adas-0001

·      head-pose-estimation-adas-0001

·      facial-landmarks-35-adas-0002

·      open-closed-eye-0001

2.    Convert open-closed-eye.onnx model to IR format using Model Optimizer, as follows:

python mo.py --input_model "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\tools\downloader\public\open-closed-eye-0001\open-closed-eye.onnx" --mean_values [127.0,127.0,127.0] --scale_values [255,255,255] --output 19

The conversion argument is available here:

https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/open_model_zoo/blob/master/models/public/open-closed-eye-0001/model.yml#L24

3.    Run the demo as follows:

python <path_to_demo_applications_binaries>\gaze_estimation_demo.exe -i <path_to_video>\input_video.mp4 -m <path_to_model>\gaze-estimation-adas-0002.xml -m_fd <path_to_model>\face-detection-retail-0004.xml -m_hp <path_to_model>\head-pose-estimation-adas-0001.xml -m_lm <path_to_model>\facial-landmarks-35-adas-0002.xml -m_es <path_to_model>\open-closed-eye.xml

For target device GPU, you can add the arguments as follows:  

-d GPU, -d_fd GPU, -d_hp GPU, -d_lm GPU, and -d_es GPU

Regards,

Munesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are investigating this issue, and will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Brian,

Thank you for waiting and apologies for the delay.

I’ve just validated Gaze Estimation Demo using the following parameters, and am glad to inform you that the demo is working fine.

The steps to execute the demo are given here:

1.    Download all the required models using Model Downloader:

·      gaze-estimation-adas-0002

·      face-detection-retail-0004

·      face-detection-adas-0001

·      head-pose-estimation-adas-0001

·      facial-landmarks-35-adas-0002

·      open-closed-eye-0001

2.    Convert open-closed-eye.onnx model to IR format using Model Optimizer, as follows:

python mo.py --input_model "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\tools\downloader\public\open-closed-eye-0001\open-closed-eye.onnx" --mean_values [127.0,127.0,127.0] --scale_values [255,255,255] --output 19

The conversion argument is available here:

https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/open_model_zoo/blob/master/models/public/open-closed-eye-0001/model.yml#L24

3.    Run the demo as follows:

python <path_to_demo_applications_binaries>\gaze_estimation_demo.exe -i <path_to_video>\input_video.mp4 -m <path_to_model>\gaze-estimation-adas-0002.xml -m_fd <path_to_model>\face-detection-retail-0004.xml -m_hp <path_to_model>\head-pose-estimation-adas-0001.xml -m_lm <path_to_model>\facial-landmarks-35-adas-0002.xml -m_es <path_to_model>\open-closed-eye.xml

For target device GPU, you can add the arguments as follows:  

-d GPU, -d_fd GPU, -d_hp GPU, -d_lm GPU, and -d_es GPU

Regards,

Munesh

BSung8
New Contributor I

Hi Munesh,

Thanks!!!

It's work now!!

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Bryan,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos