Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

how to use multiple Myriad devices while loading through net = cv2.dnn.readNetFromModelOptimizer(model_xml, model_bin) ?

titir_s_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

I see that one can use multiple device by using the multiple device plugin.

ie.SetConfig({{"MULTI_DEVICE_PRIORITIES", "HDDL,GPU"}}, "MULTI");

ExecutableNetwork exec0 = ie.LoadNetwork(network, "MULTI", {});

But if I am using model loader, 

net = cv2.dnn.readNetFromModelOptimizer(model_xml, model_bin), how do I set multiple myriad devices for inferencing?

BR,

Titir

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Titir,

Thanks for reaching out. Is there i particular reason why you need to use the OpenCV Deep Neural Network module instead of the OpenVINO Inference engine? With the OpenVINO Inference Engine you can use the Multi Device Plugin to automatically assign inference request.

I am not actually sure if it's possible to use Multiple devices with OpenCV's Deep Learning. I recommend posting your question on the OpenCV Github for an accurate answer. https://github.com/opencv/opencv/wiki/Deep-Learning-in-OpenCV

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
titir_s_Intel
Employee

Hi Jesus, 

The reason I am using OpenCV Deep Neural Network module, is because the entire application had already been written on opencv. I am also facing another problem. I don't see Myriad in lsusb. 

My lsusb result is:

(openvino_3.5) aaeon@aaeon-UPC-PLUS:~/titir$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:0411 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 2c42:5114
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 413c:2107 Dell Computer Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c06a Logitech, Inc. USB Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:5411 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I have set the usb rules as mentioned in the document. My OS is Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS. Can you please tell me what to do? I am using a form factor which has Myriad X VPU. 

BR,

Titir

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Titir,

The MyriadX VPUs should be detected by lsusb even before setting the USB rules. The rules will ensure the device works properly after loading the model. Could you try connecting the device to another system to ensure it is not a hardware issue? 

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos