Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

unable to play video file with openvino_2020.4.287

nmam
Novice
  • openvino version 2020.4.287
  • Downloaded opencv_videoio_ffmpeg440_64.dll (fciv of 3a46d6356220796e044817ae3a21cc31) using the ffmpeg-download.ps1 script present under the \IntelSWTools\openvino\opencv folder
  • compiled peopledetect.cpp sample. On running a video file I get this:

[ERROR:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.4\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap.cpp (142) cv::
VideoCapture::open VIDEOIO(CV_IMAGES): raised OpenCV exception:

OpenCV(4.4.0-openvino) C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.4\build\windows\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_images.c
pp:253: error: (-5:Bad argument) CAP_IMAGES: can't find starting number (in the name of file): true in function 'cv::icv
ExtractPattern'

•  changed peopledetect.cpp line 77 to 

cap.open(file, cv::CAP_FFMPEG);

•  with the above change I an getting this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\opencv\samples\build>Release\openvino_sample_peopledetect.exe -v f:\tv2.mp4

[ WARN:0] global C:\jenkins\workspace\OpenCV\OpenVINO\2020.4\build\windows\opencv\modules\core\src\utils\samples.cpp (59
) cv::samples::findFile cv::samples::findFile('true') => ''
Can not open video stream: 'true'

could you please advise on how to get past this issue ?  This is how I invoke the sample

openvino_sample_peopledetect.exe -v f:\tv2.mp4

Please do let me know in case you'd want more info form my env.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Neelabh Mam,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are able to replicate this issue and currently investigating it.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Neelabh Mam,

Since this is OpenCV's sample, it should be invoked differently: openvino_sample_peopledetect.exe -v=f:\tv2.mp4

Besides, this is OpenCV's argument parser specific -all parameter should be separated by "=". The README file also suggests a long-form --video=<filename> which should work as well.

I have tested this and it works.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
nmam
Novice
0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Neelabh Mam,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos