Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

windows 10 IoT for OpenVino

ravikali
Beginner

Hi,

Is inferencing of models using the latest 2021* version of OpenVino  supported on target systems based on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system ?

Thanks,

Ravi.K

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ravi.K,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit is supported on Windows® 10 (64 bit) only and is not supported on Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise.

Regards,

Aznie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ravi.K,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit is supported on Windows® 10 (64 bit) only and is not supported on Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
ravikali
Beginner

Thanks for the prompt response. For Development i understand that there is a restriction to use only the Windows 10 (64 bit) with Intel OpenVino Tool Kit .

But for the "target" environment on "edge" devices we have Windows 10 IoT (lower foot print) with Intel CPU / VPU processor and i want to leverage the models optimised for Intel Hardware. Since Intel promotes heavily edge inferencing i am little surprised that edge OS like Windows 10 IoT is no supported. Is there any workaround approach on how i can achieve this on my Windows 10 IoT Edge device with Intel CPU/VPU ?

Thanks,

Ravi.K

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ravi.K,

I totally understand your concern, for your information, the OpenVINO toolkit is tested on the OS based on this system requirement. The developer does not validate OpenVINO based on Windows 10 IOT Enterprise, so we cannot guarantee if the OpenVINO toolkit works perfectly on Windows 10 IOT.

For the optimized experience with OpenVINO, we would like to suggest using the OS and devices which is validated by our developer.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Ravi.K,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos