Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
413 Discussions

Unable to build firmware-nonfree-20220913-1 do_dpkg_build

grandixximo
Novice

I'm trying to run a build on a fresh debian 11 install, and I'm getting error

Not sure if it's because I'm in China, or something else.

I've seen in the documentation that you can provide binaries for ECI, for people in China, can I get links to those?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi grandixximo,

We have sent a link to your email address, please let me know if you received it.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi grandixximo,

I have forwarded your request to the development team and will provide an update as soon as I hear back.

Regards,

Jesus

JesusE_Intel

Hi grandixximo,

We have sent a link to your email address, please let me know if you received it.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
grandixximo
Novice

Yes, thank you.

The error was fixed with this

cd edge_controls_industrial/Edge_Controls_for_Industrial_3.0.2/Edge_Controls_for_Industrial/release-eci_3.0.2/Edge-Controls-for-Industrial/eci-release

vim targets/layers/meta-tgr/meta-eci-bullseye/recipes-kernel/linux/firmware-nonfree_20220913.bb +44
#KERNELVERSION = "5.10.0-18"
KERNELVERSION = "5.10.0-23"

And running the build on 200GB disk, needs lots of space to build, and seemed to work on Ubuntu 22, but not on Debian 11, but could be something I did.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi grandixximo,

Correct, building an image does take a lot of system resources including a substantial amount of space. I also encountered the error you mentioned and modifying to the build recipe did have a successful built. I will pass this feedback to the development team. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos