Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1175 Discussions

Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition usage for educational purposes

RobertsK
Beginner

Hello!

I would like to understand if there is any license purchase requirements if I plan to use Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition for my Masters thesis development where I intend to use the floating point IPs and other IPs that are available in the Lite edition? The software usage is only intended for educational purposes with no commercial intentions.

Best regards,

Roberts

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

The Intel Quartus Lite Edition is free to use and no license needed. Just download, install in your local PC (make sure to meet the hardware and software prerequisite) and you should be good to go.

You may check out the Quartus comparison in the document below.

Quartus comparison link: [https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/central-libraries/us/en/documents/2023-11/quartus-prime-comparison-infographic.pdf]

Determining Hardware Requirements

Determining Software Requirements

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel
  • The IP license requirement is varies depending on the IP used. All IP is enabled for evaluation (at a minimum) upon installation. Basic Functions IP (e.g. arithmetic, on chip memory...) in the IP catalog is free to use.
  • You may contact your local sales Intel® authorized distributor for IP pricing and IP further details.
  • Production licenses for the IP Base Suite are provided at no extra charge with each seat license of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition and Pro Edition design software. If you want to use the IP Base Suite in Lite Edition, then you will need to purchase a license.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We noticed that we haven't received a response from you regarding the latest previous question/reply/answer, and will now transitioning your inquiry to our community support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
RobertsK
Beginner

I apologize for the late response, but yes, the answer was helpful. As I understood then Quartus Prime Lite Edition and its base IP catalog is free of use, so I will continue with my Master's thesis that includes the usage of Quartus Prime Lite and its IP suite.

Thank You!
Best regards,

Roberts Oskars Komarovskis

0 Kudos