Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Questa Intel Starter Edition and Questasim

Njoroge
Beginner

My functional simulation does not work. Where do you save the no-cost license file for the Questa Intel software because mine keeps looking for the license in a mentor graphics folder which has another license file for other mentor products and it always gives an error of no license file despite following the instructions by Intel on how to set up the environment variables. Also, I have Questasim installed, It is not the Intel version of Questa so it saves in it's own folder and when I try the functional simulation, the error that comes up is "modelsim executable not found"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SyafieqS

Have you specified the env variable for Questasim path?

0 Kudos
Njoroge
Beginner

I did. LM_LICENSE_FILE to point to the no-cost .dat license file. When I start the Questa software, the error is that the .dat file in the Mentor Graphics folder is incompatible yet the environment variable I set for Questa points to the .dat file from intel licensing service which I saved in the IntelFPGA folder. It's like the environment variable isn't working yet I created the variable in both the user and system sections.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Is changing the path working for you?

Afraid that path is read only.

Consider changing the path.

0 Kudos
Njoroge
Beginner

I haven't tried changing that path.

What is an example of a path I could change to?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Like the path of your license to different folder/drive. Have you tried changing it?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to https://supporttickets.intel.com/, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 5/5 survey

0 Kudos