Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28519 Discussions

2024.1 Documentation and Installation

Adelman__Zac
Beginner

The documentation for the base toolkit and HPC tookit on your site only includes information for the 2024.0 package, there's nothing there for the new 2024.1 package. I'm finding that the toolkit installations for 2024.1 do not include the setvars.sh type of scripts to setup the Linux environment to use these tools.  If this is a new feature of the toolkits there needs to be documentation describing how to use the 2024.1 packages. I've attached a screenshot for the getting started guide page for the base kit...no 2024.1 option. 

Please advise. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ron_Green

You might have a bad installation.  setvars.sh is key to everyone and we test it thoroughly before release.  Something is wrong.

From where did you get your toolkit packages - Internet download, or a package manager like APT, DNF, Zypper or ??

also what OS distro and version? If we can't figure this out quickly I'll move this to installation Forum.

ls -1 /opt/intel/oneapi/2024.1
advisor
basekit
ccl
common
compiler
debugger
dev-utilities
diagnostics
dpcpp-ct
dpl
hpckit
licensing
logs
mkl
modulefiles-setup.sh
mpi
setvars.sh
support.txt
tbb
tcm
vtune
0 Kudos
Adelman__Zac
Beginner

It sure looks like a bad installation...I don't have nearly the list of directories and files in my install directory.  I ran these two scripts:

l_BaseKit_p_2024.1.0.596.sh

l_HPCKit_p_2024.1.0.560.sh

I got these from the Intel Toolkits page. Then oneAPI Base Toolkit Download -> Linux -> online installer. And it gives this code to download the scripts:

wget https://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/IRC_NAS/fdc7a2bc-b7a8-47eb-8876-de6201297144/l_BaseKit_p_2024.1.0.596.sh

sudo sh ./l_BaseKit_p_2024.1.0.596.sh

I used a similar path for the HPCKit...

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Probably the online installer errored out.  let's do thisfirst - lets remove the current installation.

First, the installer keeps a database of what it thinks is installed.  It's stored in directory ~/intel typically, where ~ is the user who kicked off the installation.  Probably your home directory.  Unless you store things in ~/intel, remove it completely with

rm -Rf ~/intel

Now you can 'rm -Rf' the entire installation, whereever that is.  /opt/intel/oneapi is default.  

rm -Rf /opt/intel/oneapi

Optional: Now, do you have a quota on the filespace for your home directory?  The installer needs gigabytes of scratch space.  If you have a quota or limited space in your home dir, find a scratch space.  Let's say it's named /nfs/projects/myscratch

Do this

cd 

mkdir /nfs/projects/myscratch/intel

ln -s /nfs/projects/myscratch/intel intel

now you should have a symbolic link from ~/intel to someplace with a lot more space to hold the temp files for the installations.

FINALLY, I personally only use the offline installer packages.  Too many things can go wrong with downloads, as you saw.  Can you download the "offline" installers for Base and HPC kit?  Also, do you need all this oneAPI junk?  I recommend reading my article on how to just install the Fortran compiler.  If you need to offload to Intel GPUs using OpenMP or SYCL then yes, you need the basekit.  Else if just Fortran and MKL follow the instructions in that article I linked.  In any event, get the "offline" installers for whatever you need.

Then just run the .sh installation script(s) 

0 Kudos