Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Aborting due to internal error

Reza_Ahmadian
Beginner
Hi everyone,

I'm running into an "Aborting due to internal error" while trying to building a Fortran only static library using MVS 2008. i know this is a very generi error and am not sure what information you require to investigate this but I have added the log file and the file where the error occurs as the starting point.

thank you very much for your help in advance,

Reza

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I see you are using compiler version 11.1. While I can reproduce the problem using the current compiler AND the precompiled .mod files you supply, I can't reproduce it if I recompile the FoX modules from source in the current compiler.

Please upgrade to Composer XE 2011 Update 10, rebuild the FoX library, and try again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Udit_P_Intel
Employee
I could not reproduce this problem since I don't have the FoX_common and m_sax_operate modules. However, the internal compiler error that you show may be a compiler bug. If you attached the module files or the sources for those module files, then we could reproduce the problem.

I also see from your log file that /check:bounds was enabled. I could suggest trying to compile without /check:bounds and see whether the internal error still occurs. This is unlikely, though.

Best!
-Udit
0 Kudos
Reza_Ahmadian
Beginner
Dear Udit,

i looked further into the problem and it seems that the problem is caused by public:: parse in the FoX_sax module. when i commented out that line everything is fine. I cannot workout why this happens though.

many thanks,

Reza

0 Kudos
Udit_P_Intel
Employee
Thanks Reza,
We're now looking into the problem.
Best!
-Udit
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I see you are using compiler version 11.1. While I can reproduce the problem using the current compiler AND the precompiled .mod files you supply, I can't reproduce it if I recompile the FoX modules from source in the current compiler.

Please upgrade to Composer XE 2011 Update 10, rebuild the FoX library, and try again.
0 Kudos
Reza_Ahmadian
Beginner
Dear Both,

many Thanks for your help. I have ordered the new compiler and hopefully will receive it soon.

Thanks for your help,

Kind Regards,

Reza
0 Kudos